How to Write Great Website Content
You’ve just finished writing your blog post or the sales copy for your new product or promotion. You have the keywords sorted and you have written in a natural way.
You have used a Keyword tool so you know you will get traffic to your content.
But still, how to write great website content?
Wouldn’t it be great if there was a way to test your copy BEFORE you actually send prospects to it?
What if 1,000 people read your sales page or blog and NOBODY takes action and buys, you’ve just wasted all that traffic.
Even if it was free traffic, you’ve still burned your chance to promote your product.
Odds are even if you do rewrite the copy, they’re not going to come back a second time and read it again.
If only there was a way to know ahead of time whether your copy is good or not.
What if there was a way to learn how to write great website content or how to write great blog posts without having to use trial and error…wait, there is!
Here’s how to write great content and articles that will get read. Here’s how to write marketing copy, that sells. This is what to do after you have written it and before you post it, turn off the phone, switch off the Internet and refuse to be distracted for the next hour or so.
Put yourself in their shoes and re-read your copy from start to finish.
- 1 means “Practically non-existent”
- 2 is “Room for serious improvement”
- 3 means “Not horrible, but could be better”
- 4 is “Strong”
- 5 indicates “You positively NAILED it.”
Ready? Here we go…
- Does the headline instantly grab your attention? _____
- Does the lead-in compel you to read further? _____
- Are the headline and lead-in completely believable? _____
- Is, the headline and lead-in combo likely to resonate powerfully with your prospects? _____
- Does, the headline and lead-in combo offer powerful benefits? _____
- Does the Author establish their qualifications / expertise beyond doubt? _____
- Do the emotions you experience while reading the first few paragraphs compel you to want to read further? _____
- Is the prospect given a reason why they must read this and must read this now? _____
- Does the copy read like a conversation between two friends? _____
- Is it clear that the spokesperson truly has the best interests of the prospect at heart? _____
- Are the product’s benefits clearly expressed? _____
- Are the emotional reasons for purchasing fully developed? _____
- Does the copy entertain and inform as well as sell? _____
- Is the price fully justified and trivialized? _____
- Is there a compelling reason why the prospect should immediately take action? _____
- Is there a sense of urgency? _____
- Do you feel yourself getting more and more excited as you move through the content? _____
- Is the call to action compelling enough that you would feel silly for not ordering immediately? _____
- Is the prospect told exactly what to do next, how to order and how they will receive their product? _____
- If you were a prospect, would you make the purchase? _____
Ok, let’s add up you score and see how well you did.
21- 50: STOP right there. Do NOT use your copy until you make significant changes.
51 – 65: Not so good, but at least, you made a start. Now go back and make the adjustments it needs.
66 – 80: Not bad and OK for a draft, but not good enough to use unless you just don’t have the time to fix it, OR your offer is so compelling that it doesn’t need a strong letter.
81 – 95: Looking good. A little tweaking here and there can still improve your conversions.
96 – 105: Congratulations! Maybe you should be writing copy for a living! This is how to write great content for your website.
What you can do now
You have two options:
1.The Short Cut,… If you want a short cut to writing great content. Take a look at my offer of 100 done-for-you sales letters covering the most popular niches.
|Click here for 100 Done for you sales letters|
2. Learn more about how to write great website content, building awesome websites and internet marketing the right way by getting started with Wealthy Affiliate.
You can find more information about getting started and learn how to work online and earn money and become a part of the community at Wealthy Affiliate. (just click the banner below)
“What sets this program apart is it is a complete training program build and run by affiliate marketers for affiliate marketers who wanted to shortcut the learning process and provide solid, honest advice”.
The information is always up to date. For example, article marketing through article directories is no longer an effective SEO strategy, neither is duplicate content on your website site or stuffing keywords into your content, aimed at the search engines.
In fact, if you ever want to check content for duplication you can use a free online tool Copyscape to see how much duplicate content your article contains and you can make the adjustments as necessary.
This is just some of the awesome information you will learn with Wealthy Affiliate. Best of all – it’s FREE to join. (just click the banner below)
So if you want to learn how to build an online business, a business that will allow you to work from anywhere in the world and one that will make it possible for you to earn money in your PJ’s then take the wheel and get started NOW!
Take the wheel and take Wealthy Affiliate for a test drive, it costs you nothing to see if it’s for you or not.
If you liked this post ‘How to Write Great Website Content‘ please feel free to social share, leave a comment or ask any questions below;
To pick up a free copy of Grammarly the free online grammar checker, Go here
Writing powerful copy is an art, a skill, that can make the difference between success and failure in almost any business. I do have a valuable eBook “Copywriting Strategies Explained“.
Inside I show you how you can prepare copy that will re-energize your own business.
This includes revealing all of my copywriting strategies so that you can also reap the benefits of this priceless skill, using that knowledge to generate increased sales of your products and/or services.
You can take a closer at the book here to find out how to write great website content.
- Cash Generator - April 14, 2017
- How to Get Traffic for Your Website - April 10, 2017
- Internet for a business - April 4, 2017
- Part Time Work Online - March 29, 2017
- Who Wants be Millionaire - March 21, 2017
- How to Earn Money From Blogging - March 16, 2017
- Fix Credit Score Fast - February 24, 2017
- Start with an Online Business - February 10, 2017
- How to Sell a Product Online - February 3, 2017
- Repair Your Credit Score Yourself - January 15, 2017
- Work Online From Home - December 17, 2016
- How to List Build - November 28, 2016
- Learn to SEO - November 18, 2016
- How to Create an eBook Online - November 10, 2016
- What’s the Best Way to Make Money Online - October 9, 2016